A fully detailed summary of the lettings process for prospective tenants...
What are our Administration Charges?
- Our administration charge is £150.00 including VAT per tenant. This fee covers raising and completing paperwork including the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
- Referencing fee is £100.00 including VAT per tenant.
These costs only apply to adults over the age of 18 and cover the referencing procedure, registering the deposit, our administration and the cost of providing the Tenancy Agreement. This will be due before the tenancy commencement day along with the first rental payment and the dilapidations deposit and will need to be paid in cleared funds on or before the day of moving in.
- A check out fee will be charged by the inventory company prior to your tenancy start date. The charges will be as follows:
Bedrooms Un-Furnished Furnished
Studio £85.00 £90.00
1 Bedroom £90.00 £100.00
2 Bedroom £100.00 £110.00
3 Bedroom £110.00 £120.00
4 Bedroom £130.00 £145.00
5 Bedroom £150.00 £165.00
The above prices are subject to VAT at the current rate.
- If the tenancy is renewed we will make a charge of £90.00 including vat to cover our administration.
- An administration charge of £30.00 including vat is charged if we have to send a second late payment reminder letter and £60.00 including vat for a third letter as per the tenancy agreement.
- Should you wish to terminate your tenancy before the end of the term and the landlord agrees that you can terminate early, you will be responsible for the repayment of the pro rata commission paid in advance by the landlord for the unexpired portion of the tenancy, unless you are exercising a break clause which is contained in the tenancy agreement.
Having viewed the property and arrived at a decision to make an application to rent you will be required to:-
- Pay a holding deposit of £400.00
- Provide a copy of either your Passport or Driving Licence (the original document will need to be presented in the office in accordance with the Governments Right to Rent Immigration Checks)
- Complete a Reference Form online
The holding deposit will be deducted from your account when the tenancy commences.
Should you decide not to proceed for any reason or want to alter the original agreed terms of the let, the holding deposit paid will not be returned.
(We can only agree to a tenancy subject to satisfactory replies from those referees.)
Coopers use a professional referencing company to carry out the References. An electronic form is to be completed by every adult who will live at the property. The form will be sent to you via your email for you to fill out online. This process normally takes 48 hours to complete once the form is submitted and satisfactory references will need to be obtained in order for us to proceed with the application.
It may be that the referencing company ask for a Guarantor to be provided and in this event we will need your chosen Guarantor to complete a further reference form at an additional referencing cost.
(If for any reason you are unable to complete a form online we can arrange for it to be completed at the office.)
Deposits and Rent:
Given satisfactory references you will be offered the tenancy of the property subject only to the terms of the Tenancy Agreement.
- If rents/deposits etc, are payable by cheque we must have at least seven Banking days for clearance of that cheque.
- Rent is always paid calendar monthly in advance, the first payment being made by Bank Transfer, Bank/Building Society cheque or cash. Subsequent payments are by Standing Order. If the payment of rent is late for any reason, interest may be payable.
- The deposit required acts as security for the performance of your obligations as a tenant under the tenancy agreement. This deposit will be returned to you at the end of the tenancy terms without interest, and subject to dilapidations or any deductions that may be necessary to compensate the landlord for any breach of the tenancy agreement. Please see our Tenancy Agreement for complete details of how the Tenancy Deposit will be dealt with at the end of the Term.
- Coopers Lettings is a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Please see our Tenancy Agreement for details.
We strongly advise the Landlord and Tenant that a satisfactory inventory is prepared. It is recommended that a professional inventory is compiled in order to ascertain any damages at the end of the Tenancy and to avoid any doubt regarding the return of the deposit.
The inventory will then form the basis of assessment of the property's condition, including inventory items at the end of the tenancy term. Fair wear and tear will obviously be taken into consideration.
If the inventory is carried out professionally an extra cost will be met by both Landlord and Tenant to have this compiled. The Landlord will pay for the compilation of the inventory and the Tenants will pay the check out fee which will be charged as follows: (All inventory costs below are inclusive of VAT).
Bedrooms Un-Furnished Furnished
Studio £102.00 £108.00
1 Bedroom £108.00 £120.00
2 Bedroom £120.00 £132.00
3 Bedroom £132.00 £144.00
4 Bedroom £156.00 £174.00
5 Bedroom £180.00 £198.00
Rent (Multiple Tenants):
Where there are a number of tenants sharing accommodation, it is only acceptable that one Standing Order payment is made to Coopers Lettings for the entire months rent.
Each tenant is jointly and severally responsible for the whole rent so that they are equally liable for the non-payment of rent by one of their co-tenants should they fail to pay.
Summary of Monies required before the Tenancy Commences:
- Holding deposit of £400.00
Balance of Monies Due before Agreement Commences (the £400.00 holding fee is deducted from this):
- Dilapidations Deposit
- Balance of one month’s rent
- Administration fee of £150.00 including VAT per person
- Reference fee of £100.00 including VAT per person
- Check out fees as outlined in Administration Charges
It is the responsibility of the landlord to insure the building and their contents, however it is the responsibility of the tenant to insure their own contents. Coopers Lettings will refer you to our recommended insurer Endsleigh Insurance who will contact you to supply a no obligation quotation.
We work in partnership with Tenant – Connect Ltd who provides access to great deals on telephone, TV, broadband and general utilities. You will be contacted by Tenant – Connect Ltd using any of the contact details you provided and they will discuss your needs and help you get connected where they can. Should you not wish us to pass on your details please let us know.
Coopers Lettings accept no responsibility should the tenancy start date be delayed for any reason caused by the landlord, current tenant or yourselves. Should the reference checks or return of papers delay the start date then you hereby agree that the tenancy shall still commence at the date agreed but you will not be permitted to occupy the property until the satisfactory paperwork is completed.
Coopers are a member of the Property Ombudsman and the Client Money Protection Scheme.
If there is anything else you need to know, give our team a ring on 01895 625 625